We’re glad you have chosen PLNU for your graduate studies and we look forward to working with you. If you have any questions regarding the application process please contact your graduate enrollment counselor.
Please check our priority application and start dates prior to starting the application process.
1. Graduate Application – All prospective graduate students are required to complete an online application. You will create an account with a username and password to begin this process. This will allow you to save your work and return to your application, should you need more than one session to complete it.
Application for Readmission - Are you a previous PLNU graduate student and interested in returning? Please contact an Enrollment Counselor today to apply.
2. $50.00 Graduate Application Fee – You can pay online before or after submitting your application.
3. Official Transcripts from a regionally accredited institution
If your University provides official electronic transcripts, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor’s degree (ADN to MSN applicants submit associate’s degree)
- If applicable, submit transcripts for a higher-level degree
- Students applying with Veterans (VA) benefits must submit transcripts from all previous post-secondary institutions.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 required (minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 required for the Master of Ministry). If you don’t meet the minimum GPA requirement please contact your graduate enrollment counselor regarding the exceptions process.
4. Two Letters of Recommendation
- Through the online application you will provide the name, title, phone and email address of each recommender. Program-specific instructions will be included on the application.
- Through the online application you will follow the prompts given and will be able to upload your essay directly to the application page.
6. Additional requirements by program
If you are provided with electronic test scores, please email as a pdf attachment directly to email@example.com
- School of Education: Basic Skills Exam (CBEST or equivalent) see program page for further instructions
- MBA: Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or completion of a post-baccalaureate degree and professional resume. Please request that GMAT scores be sent electronically see program page for further instructions
- MSN: One year of a full-time continuous RN position in an acute care facility see program page for further instructions
- Biology: Major Field Test (MFT) or GRE subject test in biology see program page for further instructions
- Ministry: Completion of one year of full-time Christian ministry service or the equivalent and have a current ministry context see program page for further instructions
Please note upon acceptance to a graduate program - you will need to submit a non-refundable $100 tuition deposit. This will confirm your intent to attend PLNU and hold your seat in the program. It is important to note that receipt of your deposit also provides access to class registration. This deposit cannot be covered by financial aid, and will be applied to your first semester of enrollment.
Documents not submitted electronically through the application process may be sent to:Point Loma Nazarene University Graduate Admissions 4007 Camino Del Rio South Ste. 101 San Diego, CA 92108